Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Dream Achieved.

It was a morning just like any other …

I walked into the exercise room in the Gilbaugh basement to say good morning to the mama as she peddled away on her stationary bike. We chatted about the morning and the doctor's appointments it would hold and the driving schedule and dinner menu … and then I saw it.

It was unfamiliar. It was new. It was a pull up bar.

I've not been able to do a pull up for a good while. Sigh. I used to be able to do two sets of 50 as a gymnast, and now, well, there's just a bit more to pull up than when I was thirteen. But in a moment of confidence, I reached for the bar and told Mama G that today was the day. I was going to do a pull up.

And…

dun dun dun DUN! I DID!

I actually did TWO! Okay, so more like one and three-fourths.

But still. I did it. Number 58.

Dream achieved.

3 comments:

  1. you.are.my.hero. Even in my best shape I could never achieve this goal. It's the small things that bring the most joy, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a peice of your heart's ponderings: