Thursday, December 29, 2011

Self-Given Gifts.


There's a lot of Gilbaughs. That kinda goes without saying until you get to Christmas Day. See, in most families, everyone buys a gift for everyone. Makes sense, right? Right … until you have eleven people to buy for and you know you'll go bankrupt. Christmas is just less fun bankrupt. So round here, we draw names. This year, Grace drew my name. And gave me the greatest gift I could have asked for….





The little gift-giver herself...

She made me a recipe collection! She made the box with Mod Podge and tissue paper, and she wrote out 50 of my mom's best recipes. Isn't she a stunner? She knew I wanted to start a recipe collection, and she knew that I probably wouldn't do it myself. So this magnificent 10 year old gave me the most appropriate, affectionate, self-giving Christmas gift I could ask for. Can you imagine how long it must have taken her to make the box and pick out the recipes (mama G's got a lot of good ones) and write them out and organize them? Man o man, Gracie Lou. You've just given me #86.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a peice of your heart's ponderings: